Additional 2021 Spring EOC GA Milestones Parent Guidance-Updated
- The EOC/EOG is a Face-to-Face Test
- Students should arrive at school by 8:10AM on the day they have an EOC/EOG. Please check the schedule that was previously sent to see when your child tests in these EOC/EOG subject areas:
- American Literature
- U.S. History
- Coordinate Algebra /Algebra 1
- ELA- 8th Grade Only (EOG)
- Math- 8th Grade Only (EOG)
- Social Studies- 8th Grade Only (EOG)
- The ending times will vary by test. It is estimated that all students should be finished testing by 11:00AM. Please note that your student could be done before or after 11:00AM. This is only an estimate. Normally Math and ELA tests take longer.
- Students will need to bring their Chromebook, as the EOC/EOG will be administered online.
Clarification for EOC Testing
- Students in grades 9-11 must be provided an opportunity to participate in the 2021 Spring EOC test administration.
- Students in grades 9-11 that DO NOT participate in the 2021 Spring EOC test administration, should be issued an “I” for Incomplete.
- Students in grades 9-11 that DO NOT participate in the 2021 Spring EOC test administration have the opportunity to participate in the 2021 Summer EOC (June 24-30, 2021)
- Students that DO NOT participate in the 2021 Spring or Summer EOC will result in a zero when the final grade averages are calculated. Please note that this year the EOC will count as 0.01% of the student's final grade.
District Opt-Out Procedure
- According to the current rule adopted by the State Board of Education, "each local system shall assess all students using SBOE – designated assessment instruments, as required."
- There is no rule or policy that allows for a student to "opt out" of state mandated assessments. However, it is a parent's right to refuse testing for their student.
- If a parent chooses to exercise their right, and not allow their child to sit for any state mandated assessment, schools must ask the parent to submit a letter, or email, to the principal of the school detailing their refusal for the child's participation in the assessment.
FOR SENIORS ONLY SEE BELOW:
- The EOC Incomplete Guidance has been amended for seniors for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Seniors should sit for the EOC test administration during the DeKalb EOC test window, April 19 – May 3, 2021.
- Seniors that do not sit during the Spring EOC testing window will have until May 14, 2021, to complete all EOCs.
- After the close of business on May 14, 2021, all outstanding EOCs for seniors will result in a zero when the final grade average is calculated. Please note that this year the EOC will count as 0.01% of the senior's final grade.
- The district opt-out procedure is the same.